Upcoming Events


On February 25, 2023, over 100 people gathered to honor Marty and Cindy Rauer’s daughter Jessica. It was a beautiful time of remembering Jessica. More importantly Cindy, Jessica’s mom, honored Jesus. Through her testimony she proclaimed the truth of the Gospel even after going through the deepest, saddest, and darkest season of her life. Watching her daughter, Jessica, battle cancer and ineffably losing her battle. No parent should ever have watch their child suffer through a horrible illness or tragedy and then bury their child, but Marty and Cindy did. And, not only did they bury her, they trusted God with the outcome they would have never chosen.

Vanguard wants to honor Jessica’s legacy and how it has impacted her children and others. After attending Jessica’s celebration of life, I felt like the Lord said, “I want you to honor their faith in me by naming this legacy project after Jessica.”  If you live by faith, your legacy is not behind you but in front of you. It is not in your past but your future, because legacy of faith lives on in generations to come and echoes into eternity.

Vanguard’s Jessica’s Legacy Project is hoping to love even more people into a real relationship with Jesus by building into the following programs. Expediting an early pay off of our mortgage would encompass 80% of every pledge.  The other 20% would support Jessica’s legacy by expanding our Next Generation ministries for children and students to reach generations to come. This 20% would be under the direction of the Vanguard elder board and used to multiply and exponentially increase the opportunity for generations to come to hear the Gospel of Jesus and believe in Him as their Lord and Savior through strategic projects. The first major Next Generation project we are considering is a playground in honor of Jessica. This would enable us to start a five-day a week preschool at Vanguard Central and reach more children and families with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

 With the assistance of the other 80% of the Jessica Legacy Project, we hope to develop a plan to make Vanguard Central debt free by its 40th year as a church in March of 2037.  We would need 100 givers to give $250 or more each month in addition to their regular tithing. Many may not be able to give this much, and some may be able to give more.  The attached commitment paper will allow each of you to donate a monthly amount consistent with your income and your prayerful consideration. 

Thank you in advance for your faithfulness to give to The Jessica Legacy Project!
Pastor Kelly M. Williams
Vanguard Church
Senior Pastor